The school team knew they wanted an authentic website that was useful to the parents, prospective parents and staff, but didn’t know how to get there. They also found their current Drupal site hard to manage, meaning it was full of outdated content.
- Rather than use a typical “child” color palette, we gave them colors indicative of their educational mission but that still convey the school’s sense of warmth and community.
- The site features strong calls to action, with all their own photography, not stock photos.
- The design, color palette and content merge to create a unified, usable site with:
Conveying a sense of belonging
Following a user-centered design process, Digital Artisans help GCS vocalize what they need in a site for functionality, and how it could really reflect their values.
Now the site
- Expresses key ideas and enhances the user experience
- Features attractive visuals
- Chunks content to improve readability
- Improves search engine performance (SEO)
The resulting friendly but functional site conveys Groton Community School’s “sense of belonging” to its current and prospective parents.